- Maintain or increase CBD
- Equal to or greater yield
- Room temperature reduction
- Reduction in energy usage
- Create a more comfortable working environment
- Two identically sized grow rooms
- HPS room: 1000W HPS light fixtures with hoods and ballasts
- LED room: 390W LED light fixtures
- Nutrients: Identical nutrients given to all plants in both rooms
- Report (week 4) - The HPS seem to be a bit taller than the LED at this point. However, we noticed that since week one, the amount of new growth off of the main stalk was more significant on the LED. During week two we felt the growth was relatively similar with the HPS still being a bit taller but our LED started to really display a fuller look. Week three we have actual flowers starting to grow. The plant still continues to be a bit fuller and bushier than its HPS counterpart.
- Report (week 6) - We are really being able to see a difference between our girls this weekWe have much more density on the LED side. As well the spacing of the actual buds are closer down the stalk. Our HPS side has a few 1-2 inch gaps in the stalk. There are hardly any gaps on the LED side. Still seeing the HPS stretch taller. We are very happy to see the top hairs double in amount on the LED side of the study. Pure white hairs are the best you can get. We do not and are still not ever seeing that with the HPS side.
- Report (week 8) - This is truly an amazing grow. These flowers are gigantic. We have completed the trimming on the LED side and very impressed with how dense the actual flowers are. They are covered in crystals and every bud was large. We have never had a grow where the lower buds were comparable to the upper buds. Their coloring is extremely beautiful and we are impressed!
8% increase in CBD under LED
- RESULT: 60% reduction in kWh annually
- Maintain or increase CBD ✔
- Equal to or greater yield ✔
- Room temperature reduction✔
- Reduction in energy usage ✔
- Create a more comfortable working environment ✔
"Even with the much larger expense up front, we truly see the value in these lights. The environmental impact, the actual savings in bulbs and electricity and the overall enjoyment of working under these lights vs HPS has sealed the deal."